Plug your Gmail inbox into the platform so the AI can automatically find your documents on a regular basis
• You own a Gmail account.
• You have administrator access in your Zendoc's workspace.
Step 1: Go to the Connected Apps Section on Zendoc
- Click the workspace menu (briefcase icon) in the top right corner.
- Click the Connected apps button in the menu.
Step 2: Select Gmail and Log into your Account
- Click the Gmail button in the list of available apps.
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Accept permissions for Zendoc to get access to your inbox.
- There are 2 options available:
- Auto-detect: Have Zendoc look only at documents that are detected as contracts, invoices and orders. This allows for a cleaner import.
- All Files: Have Zendoc import most files it's compatible with. This way you are sure that everything in your inbox will be imported, but you may have some cleaning to do.
- Make your choice (can also be changed later) and validate.
Step 3: Wait for Document Importation
You are all set! Your repository is now being analyzed and your documents are now being imported by Zendoc. The process is ongoing and your repository will be analyzed again every day.
INFO: Depending on the size of your repository, the time it take your documents to be important and anlayzed will vary. To check if your repository is currently being analyzed by Zendoc, look on the Box card in Connected Apps for a spinning wheel.
Edit and Delete
- Click the gear icon on the Gmail card.
- Edit your options.
- Validate. If any options are changed, your inbox will be analyzed again.
- Click the trashcan icon.
- Click the "Delete" button.
- Your connected app will be removed from the platform and it won't be analyzed anymore.
⚠️ WARNING: Deleting a connected app will not delete all the documents that were found in it.